Getting Started - Registering a Meter on eMIG
Thank you for choosing eMIG to monitor your energy. We have a support line available
if you have any questions relating to the set-up and deployment of meters on eMIG:
Registering with eMIG
- Use the ‘installation card’ supplied with your modem.
- Point your browser at http://www.emig.co.uk
- Click the ‘Register with eMIG’ link (bottom of the login box)
- Complete this form. * indicates a compulsory field. Please enter a valid email
address and mobile number. You can choose to be alerted by email or SMS
of warnings that the software generates, by ticking the boxes.
(Currently PV meters only).
- If you will only ever have one or two modems/installations at a single address,
then please choose ‘Domestic’ user. If you are an installer or have multiple
installations, please choose ‘Commercial’ user.
- Click ‘Submit’ and wait for a confirmation email.
- When you receive the confirmation email click or paste the link to confirm your registration.
Commercial Users Only - Setting up an Organisation
- If you choose ‘Commercial User’ you must now associate yourself with an organisation.
Please click the Organisations link on the menu bar.
- Enter an organisation name (e.g. your business name) and click submit.
- If you would like to invite co-workers you can do so now or you can add them
later if you wish - they will need to be registered with eMIG first however.
- Hover over ‘Meters’ in the menu bar and click ‘Install Meter’.
- Enter the eMIG ID and the PIN number as supplied with your modem.
Choose the type of meter or installation
this modem is associated with using the drop down menu.
You may optionally select a tariff for the meter to allow cumulative cost / earnings
to be displayed.
- Change the ‘Impulses per kWh / m3’, depending on the type of meter that the modem is
connected to. (This field may be disabled if the impulse per unit was factory-set.)
- Fill out the rest of the form - you will notice some fields on the form change depending on
which type of meter you have chosen. Note - all meter groups are optional.
- Click the submit button at the bottom of the form.
- Congratulations, your meter is now installed. You can now view your meter readings by
hovering over the ‘Meters’ tab on the menu bar and selecting ‘Meter Groups’, or you can
search by the address of the meter in the search box. Please note readings may not
always be available straight away.